Free rail travel for students during Menai Bridge closure14 November 2022
An agreement between Coleg Llandrillo Menai and TfW allows students to use their 16+ education bus passes provided by Isle of Anglesey County Council to travel without charge between Holyhead and Bangor.
This will be valid from all stations on Anglesey (Bodorgan, Holyhead, Llanfairpwll, Rhosneigr, Ty Croes and Valley) for journeys made Monday-Friday to/from Bangor.
Students must present their 16+ education bus pass to claim the free travel and the scheme will close when the Menai Bridge reopens early next year.
Lee Robinson, Development Director for Mid, North and Rural Wales, said: “We’re pleased to be partnering with Coleg Llandrillo Menai to offer their students free travel while emergency maintenance work is being carried out to the Menai Bridge.
“We also have a number of additional services calling at Llanfairpwll to help students and other customers during the bridge closure.”
Eight additional services will stop at Llanfairpwll from Thursday 10 November. Customers can check for the latest travel information via the TfW website, app or social media channels.
The additional services calling at Llanfairpwll are:
- 05:11 Cardiff Central to Holyhead (calling at Llanfairpwll at 09:46)
- 10:41 Holyhead to Llanelli (11:03)
- 09:35 Manchester Airport to Holyhead (12:12)
- 13:07 Holyhead to Manchester Airport (13:34)
- 14:34 Holyhead to Cardiff Central (14:54)
- 15:06 Birmingham International to Holyhead (18:54)
- 17:30 Manchester Airport to Holyhead (20:24)
- 20:32 Holyhead to Crewe (20:52)