Cardiff Bus to introduce Saturday timetables on weekdays from 10th January due to impact of Omicron06 January 2022
The decision has been made to ensure the stability and reliability of the network.
|This is a press release from Cardiff Bus.|
Like many other businesses, the Omicron strain of Covid-19 has led to staff self-isolation and rising sickness levels. This means that considerable pressure has been placed on the operator’s ability to deliver services to the level that customers expect.
To ensure the stability and reliability of their network, Cardiff Bus has announced that they will operate a Saturday service on weekdays from Monday 10th January 2022. Exceptions to the Saturday service on weekdays are as follows:
- School services: All school services will follow their normal weekday timetables from Thursday 7 January
- Service 15: The Monday to Friday departures at 05:59 (from Westgate Street) and at 06:57 (from Windway Road) to the Heath Hospital, will continue to run. Click here to view the 15 Monday to Friday timetable
- Service 27: 05:30 journey from Thornhill to the city centre and a return journey at 05:55 from city centre to Thornhill will run Mondays to Fridays only. Click here to view the 27 timetable
- Service 51: The Monday to Friday departure from Queenwood at 07:15 to Heath Hospital and city centre will continue to run. Click here to view the 51 timetable
- Services 65/65A: The Monday to Friday morning and afternoon journeys which serve Eastern High School will continue to run. Click here to view the 65/65A timetable
- Service 93 will run from Cardiff to the Murch via Penarth on Mondays to Fridays only, approximately every 90 minutes. Buses to the Murch will follow their normal route to Dinas Powys Infant School, then run along Cardiff Road, turning left into Murch at Cross Common Road. Buses to Penarth & Cardiff will follow their normal route from Cross Common Road, Longmeadow Drive and Murch Post Office. Click here to view the 93 Monday to Friday timetable
- Service 94: The Monday to Friday departure from Barry King Square at 06:38 to Cardiff will continue to run. Click here to view the 94 timetable
- Service 97A: 07:35 journey from Winston Square & 07:53 from King Square will run Mondays to Friday only. Click here to view the 97/97A timetable
- Service 98 will continue to follow normal weekday timetable
- Service H59 Heath Hospital Park & Ride will continue to follow normal weekday timetable
- Service H95 Llandough Hospital Park & Ride will continue to follow normal weekday timetable
- Service M1 METRider will follow normal weekday timetable
Due to the large scale and short notice of the following changes, we will not be able to update our Journey Planner and Timetables page by 10th January. Please:
- Refer to the Cardiff Bus website
- Or refer to the 'Saturday' tab on your service timetable, but please double check the below information for exceptions and alternative timetables (as some services are running as normal, or a Saturday timetable with additional journeys).
Cardiff Bus sincerely apologises for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to express their thanks to all customers for understanding as Cardiff Bus endeavour to cope with these circumstances.
Customers are asked to continue helping to keep Cardiff Bus colleagues and fellow customers safe by following the latest Welsh Government guidance. This includes the wearing of a face covering over your nose and mouth for the duration of your journey (unless you are exempt), leaving windows open to increase ventilation, using forward facing seats only and no standing.
Information Source: Cardiff Bus