Stagecoach announce January service changes17 January 2017
Some services are changing in the Blaenau Gwent, Newbridge, Cwmbran Town and Brynmawr areas to improve reliability.
Stagecoach in South Wales have announced service changes to bus routes in the Blaenau Gwent, Cwmbran Town, Newbridge and Brynmawr areas will come into effect on Monday 16th January 2017.
Following a period of detailed journey analysis, roadside monitoring and a review of customer feedback, these services will change to improve the bus network. Representatives from the Company have met and consulted with Caerphilly County Borough Council to discuss those changes made which will affect services within this area.
Service X18 and Service 22 will be replaced with the new express Service X22 which will run from Ebbw Vale to Cwmbran through Festival Park shopping, Newbridge and Pontypool. This service will operate hourly on Monday to Saturday.
Alternative services are provided as follows:
- Between Ebbw Vale, Festival Park, Cwm and Newbridge – use new Service X22.
- Between Crumlin, Newbridge, West End, Crosskeys, Risca, Rogerstone Morrisons, Royal Gwent Hospital and Newport – use Service X15
- Between Rogerstone Morrisons and Newport – use Service X15
- Between Trinant, Crumlin and Newbridge – use Service 52.
- Between Trinant and Ebbw Vale – use Service 52 to Aberbeeg Square then change to Service E3.
- Between Trinant and Newbridge Comprehensive School – use Service 95C in the morning and Service 52 in the afternoon.
- Between Trinant and Blackwood – use Service 5A
Blaenau Gwent and Newbridge Services 5A, 12,50,52,56,151,X15, Cwmbran Town Services 80D, 1,5,6,15,X24 and Brynmawr Services X20,E2 and E3 have timetable alterations to improve reliability.
Nigel Winter, Managing Director, Stagecoach in South Wales said: “The alterations we are making are based directly on journey analysis [customer usage patterns] and using data from our real time system we have made changes to bus times to improve the punctual performance of services for our customers. These changes will provide sustainable bus services in the area with improved timekeeping still offering the same destinations with our great value Dayrider and Megarider tickets providing unlimited travel options. The Stagecoach App now offers your local Stagecoach bus times in real time direct to your smart phone”.
All new timetables, service change information and banners are available on the Stagecoach website, App and Twitter, alongside more traditional printed publicity for those who may not see this information.
To find out more about Stagecoach, please visit www.stagecoachbus.com or download their app http://stge.co/b2Sr304MNpg