Mobile App and Text Services
Traveline Cymru App
We have a free, bi-lingual mobile app available to download, which will allow you to:
- Plan your journey
- Locate bus stops through the bus stop finder map
- Search for timetables
- View disruptions
- Save your favourite stops
- View our Twitter feed
The app is currently available on iPhone and Android devices.
We also have a text message service available, where you can get the times of your next bus sent directly to your phone via text message. Here’s how!
Find the code of the bus stop which you are travelling from. Each bus stop has its own unique 7 letter code located on the bus stop stand.
Text the bus stop code to our Traveline text number 84268.*
If you want to receive a reply in Welsh, add a space then the letter C to the end of the bus stop code.
To revert to English, add a space then the letter E to the end of the bus stop code.
You will then receive a free* text message reply within 30 seconds showing:
- The times of up to the next three buses due at that particular stop
- The service number of each bus
- The destination of each bus
* 84268 is a non-standard number which may cost more than a standard text and may not be included in any tariff bundles. Please check with your mobile operator.
* Your reply will be free to receive, providing the bus stops in question are located in Wales. For bus stops outside of Wales, you will be charged £0.25 to receive the reply.
You can also use the Traveline mobile internet site NextBuses to find bus times for your stop.
Go to http://www.nextbuses.mobi/ on your mobile web browser (to receive a bookmark for this service, text ‘traveline’ to 84268).
You can then find your bus stop in three ways:
- Type in a street name, stop name or full postcode and press search. You can refine a search by stating a town or area.
- Click on a recently viewed stop (if you have used the site before).
- View nearby stops (only if you have a location-aware version).
Select a stop name from the results and the next few departures for that selected stop will be displayed.
This service is free apart from any normal data charges made by your mobile operator (contact your operator for details).