Transport for Wales
The train drivers' union ASLEF has announced strike action at 16 Train Operating Companies (not including TfW) on Saturday 30 September and Wednesday 4 October and a ban on overtime from Monday 2 October to Friday 6 October.
Transport for Wales (TfW) is not involved in industrial action by members of the train driver’s union ASLEF.
TfW services will be running but other train operators' services across the whole of Wales, England and Scotland will be limited. Some of TfW services are likely to be extremely busy as a result of the severely-reduced timetable put in place by other operators.
The following dates are affected by this industrial action:
- Saturday 30 September
- Wednesday 4 October
Please check your entire journey, including services operated by other rail operators as their service level may differ to Transport for Wales.
Unfortunately, we are unable to update the Traveline Cymru Journey Planner, Timetable and Travel Map page to reflect real time information regarding bus and rail services affected by the Industrial Action.
Disruptions are expected on the days prior and after the industrial action. Due to the large-scale disruption on rail and bus, it is possible that road and bus travel will be impacted. Please expect busy services, delays, and cancellations.
- Visit the Transport for Wales website for further information here.
- To check the situation on the roads, please visit Traffic Wales.
- For information about the situation on the Severn Bridge, visit the Severn Bridge website.
- Follow us on Twitter @TravelineCymru as we tweet and retweet Industrial Action updates.
- If in doubt, please contact your operator directly, contact details here.