Transport for Wales
The National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers (RMT) has announced strike action at 14 Train Operating Companies (not including TfW) on Friday 2 June.
The train drivers’ union ASLEF has announced strike action on Saturday 3 June.
Some of our services are likely to be extremely busy as a result of the severely-reduced timetable put in place by other operators.
Transport for Wales (TfW) is not involved in industrial action by members of the National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers (RMT) and members of the train driver’s union ASLEF.
TfW services will be running but other train operators' services across the whole of Wales, England and Scotland will be limited.
The following dates are affected by this industrial action:
- Friday 2 June
- Saturday 3 June
Please check your entire journey, including services operated by other rail operators as their service level may differ to Transport for Wales.
Friday 2 June
Transport for Wales services will be busier than usual as above.
Early morning and evening TfW services running in and out of Gloucester, Manchester Piccadilly, Birmingham International and Liverpool Lime Street will be disrupted before 07:00 and after 19:00.
Saturday 3 June
Transport for Wales services will run as timetabled however the following routes will be busier than usual:
- Carmarthen - Swansea - Bridgend - Cardiff Central - Newport - Severn Tunnel Junction
- Gloucester - Cheltenham
- North Wales - Chester - Crewe - Manchester1, 2
Birmingham services will start and terminate at Wolverhampton on 31 May and at Shrewsbury on 3 June.
1. On Wednesday 31 May Crewe to Manchester Piccadilly trains will set down only at Wilmslow and Stockport. Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe trains will pick up only at Wilmslow and Stockport.
2. Saturday 3 June, Manchester services will start and terminate at Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe.
Unfortunately, we are unable to update the Traveline Cymru Journey Planner, Timetable and Travel Map page to reflect real time information regarding bus and rail services affected by the Industrial Action.
Disruptions are expected on the days prior and after the industrial action. Due to the large-scale disruption on rail and bus, it is possible that road and bus travel will be impacted. Please expect busy services, delays, and cancellations.
- Visit the Transport for Wales website for further information here.
- Visit the First Cymru website for further information here.
- To check the situation on the roads, please visit Traffic Wales.
- For information about the situation on the Severn Bridge, visit the Severn Bridge website.
- Follow us on Twitter @TravelineCymru as we tweet and retweet Industrial Action updates.
- If in doubt, please contact your operator directly, contact details here.