Transport for Wales
The train drivers’ union ASLEF and RMT (Train driver members) has announced strike action on Wednesday 1 and Friday 3 February. Some of our services are likely to be extremely busy as a result of the severely-reduced timetable put in place by other operators.
Transport for Wales (TfW) is not involved in industrial action by members of the train driver’s union ASLEF and RMT (Train driver members).
TfW services will be running but other train operators' services, across the UK, will be limited.
Please check your entire journey, including services operated by other rail operators as their service level may differ to Transport for Wales.
TfW journey planners have been updated with the latest information.
|Friday 3 February - Trains will be busy, especially between:|
*Crewe to Manchester Piccadilly trains will set down only at Wilmslow and Stockport; Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe trains will pick up only at Wilmslow and Stockport.
Unfortunately, we are unable to update the Traveline Cymru Journey Planner, Timetable and Travel Map page to reflect real time information regarding bus and rail services affected by the Industrial Action.
Disruptions are expected on the days prior and after the industrial action. Due to the large-scale disruption on rail and bus, it is possible that road and bus travel will be impacted. Please expect busy services, delays, and cancellations.
- Visit the Transport for Wales website for further information here.
- To check the situation on the roads, please visit Traffic Wales.
- For information about the situation on the Severn Bridge, visit the Severn Bridge website.
- Follow us on Twitter @TravelineCymru as we tweet and retweet Industrial Action updates.
- If in doubt, please contact your operator directly, contact details here.