Transport for Wales Rail
18th and 20th August
As a result of the industrial action taken by The National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers (RMT), the majority of Transport for Wales rail services will be suspended on Thursday 18th and Saturday 20th of August 2022.
Transport for Wales is not in dispute with RMT. However, the industrial action resulting from the dispute between RMT, and Network Rail means they will be unable to operate rail services on Network Rail infrastructure.
As a result of the industrial action taken by The Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen (ASLEF) on the 30th of July, Transport for Wales services on these days are expected to be much busier than usual.
Unfortunately, we are unable to update the Traveline Cymru Journey Planner, Timetable and Travel Map page to reflect real time information regarding bus and rail services affected by the Industrial Action.
Disruptions are expected on the days prior and after the industrial action. Due to the large-scale disruption on rail, it is possible that road and bus travel will be impacted. Please expect busy services, delays, and cancellations.
- Visit the Transport for Wales website for further information here.
- To check the situation on the roads, please visit Traffic Wales.
- For information about the situation on the Severn Bridge, visit the Severn Bridge website.
- Follow us on Twitter @TravelineCymru as we tweet and retweet Industrial Action updates.
- If in doubt, please contact your operator directly, contact details here.