Have your say: Proposal to reduce speed limit to 20mph on residential streets in Wales16 August 2021
The Welsh Government want to change the speed limit to 20mph in Welsh villages, towns and cities.
What are the proposed changes?
The proposed new limits will mostly be in residential areas but will also include roads regularly used for active travel.
Reducing the speed limit could:
- reduce the number and severity of road collisions
- increase opportunities to walk and cycle in our communities
- help improve health and wellbeing for all
- make our streets safer and help safeguard the environment for future generations
The proposals are being trialled in 8 communities across Wales.
How can I respond?
Your opinions will guide Welsh Government policies prior to roll out. You can have your say on the proposed changes by 1st October in the following ways:
- Respond to the online consultation
- Download a response form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download a response form and post it to Freepost RTLG-KURC-ELKJ, Welsh Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ.
Information Source: Welsh Government