- The 26-30 Railcard will be available for customers to buy from midday on 02 January 2019.
- The 26-30 Railcard will work similarly to the existing Railcards costing £30 for a year and offering customers 1/3 off adult rail fares across the National Rail network.
- Customers whose 26-30 Railcard will expire in December will be able to take advantage of their existing 26-30 Railcard benefits for an extra month, as a thank you for taking part in the trial.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The 26-30 Railcard will be based on the current 16-25 Railcard offer, but targeted at an extended age range, with a few minor differences:
- Available as a 1-year Railcard only (3-year Railcard not available)
- Available as a digital Railcard only, stored in the ‘Railcard’ app
- Minimum fare of £12 between 04:30am - 10am Monday – Friday on Anytime and Off-Peak Singles and Returns.
- The minimum fare will be in place all year long (not lifted over July and August like 16-25 Railcard)
- Customers will be able to use the 26-30 Railcard to buy discounted travel (1/3 off) across the whole National Rail network
- Available only to customers buying Railcards online through www.26-30railcard.co.uk
- The cost of a 1-year Railcard is £30
HOW IS THIS SIMILAR TO 16-25 RAILCARD?
- 26-30 Railcard holders will get 1/3 off Standard Anytime and Off-Peak fares, as well as Standard and First Class Advance fares, across the whole National Rail network.
- Between 04:30 and 10:00 Monday-Friday, a £12 minimum fare will be in applied to Anytime and Off-Peak Singles and Returns.
- The 26-30 Railcard will be accepted by all Train Operating Companies who operate passenger Railway services in Great Britain, (except Eurostar).
- 1/3 off both individual Off-Peak fares and Off-Peak daily caps, when the Oyster card has been registered for Railcard discounts. No discount on Oyster pay as you go Peak fares.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT TO THE 16-25 RAILCARD?
- The 26-30 Railcard will only be available to customers who are aged 26-30 (inclusive)
- The 26-30 Railcard will only be available as a digital Railcard, not physical
- The 26-30 Railcard will only be available as a 1-year Railcard, no 3-year option
- The 26-30 Railcard will only be available to mature students aged 26-30. Other mature students will continue to purchase 16-25 Railcards
- The 26-30 Railcard will be exclusively available to buy online, and cannot be purchased at stations, telesales, or Licensed Retailers.
- The £12 minimum fare will NOT have a July and August easement
- When available, customers will be able to travel using both 26-30 Railcard discounted tickets and 16-25 Railcard discounted tickets, to cover instances where 26-30 Railcard discount is not yet available on all TVMs/websites.
You can find out more on the National Rail website.