Are you fluent in both written and spoken Welsh and English?
Do you have excellent communication skills with the ability to build lasting relationships with senior management and stakeholders?
If you can answer yes to these questions we want to hear from you
We are looking for a Team Leader to join a small team at the Office of the Traffic Commissioner. You will handle the administrative arrangements for public inquiries and hearings and all relevant paper work. You will provide support to the Traffic Commissioner to enable them to undertake their statutory duties for licensing requirements of vehicles in Wales.
Role responsibilities will include;
• compiling and drafting accurate and full submissions to the Traffic Commissioner recommending a course of actions and processing the case as necessary
• providing a quality public inquiry, driver conduct hearing and impounding hearing service for the Traffic Commissioner
• liaising when necessary with DVSA, the police and other Government Agencies and Departments and attending meetings on behalf of the Traffic Commissioner
• drafting responses to correspondence from MPs, trade associations and local authorities on behalf of the Traffic Commissioner
• monitoring performance of the office and taking action as necessary
• dealing with telephone and written enquiries
You are fluent in both written and spoken Welsh and English. You have previous experience of effectively leading and managing a team with the passion to develop team members. You have the ability to understand and interpret complex legislation with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word.
There are eight traffic commissioners in Great Britain who are responsible for the regulation of the operator’s licences required by the road freight and passenger transport industries. In October 2016 the Secretary of State for Transport appointed the first full time Welsh Traffic Commissioner. Previously this post had been shared with the Traffic Commissioner for the West Midlands.
Staff in the Office of the Traffic Commissioner provide administrative support to the traffic commissioners. The relocation of the office from Birmingham to Cardiff provides an exciting opportunity to play a full role in supporting the Traffic Commissioner for Wales in his regulatory
duties. This will include preparing casework received from enforcement agencies and the licensing office, and clerking public inquiries which arise from the reports received.
What sets this office out from the other seven in the network is that the team will also play an important role in working with the Welsh Government and other external stakeholders on behalf of the Traffic Commissioner.
The ability to speak and write fluently in Welsh and English will also help ensure that we meet our commitments to the Welsh language.
Further Information can be found at:
Salary - £24,876 - £26,000